It’s been HALF A YEAR since Emma nearly came flying out of my vagina on the side of the highway. Six whole months, y’all!
I can hardly believe it, truth be told, because it’s gone by so quickly. Every day she’s changing and growing and learning something new and it’s sad-awesome to watch it all happen.
Gah. My heart loves her so much.
- EMMA HAS A TOOTH! It’s just starting to cut through the gums and isn’t all the way in yet, but there’s a tooth in her mouth. My boobs are askeered.
- We made it to six months of exclusive breast feeding straight from the tap! This is further than I made it with Joshua and is kind of a big deal to me.
- She’s mobile. She may not crawl on all fours with her belly off the ground, but that does not stop her AT ALL from getting where she wants to go. Which is pretty much anywhere Joshua is these days. Or anywhere I’d rather her not be.
- We’re starting solid foods. I’m doing a mix of purees and Baby Led Weaning to try and expose her to lots of different textures. So far she’s had peas, banana, and cantaloupe. She will cut you for some cantaloupe.
- Speaking of food, if you have it in your hand, she wants it. Food. Electronics. Cattle prods. Whatever. She believes in imminent domain. She is close. It is hers. Give it.
- We’re working on the sleep thing. She definitely has a preferred bed time, so that’s a start.
- We survived her first sickness. Croup is straight from the Devil.
- She can almost sit up on her own and a couple of times she’s gotten herself completely seated on her booty. She doesn’t really like it very much though and cried yesterday when she couldn’t figure out how to get back to her belly. Mostly she just tripods and then reaches for me with her other hand and sort of “uh uhhhh uhhhh” whines so I’ll pick her up.
- She has one little curl over her left ear that makes me hopeful she’ll have my wavy/curly hair. For now though her hair is just awkward.
- I have mostly, finally won the car seat battle. She only fusses when she’s trying to fall asleep now. Usually. I knew it was only a matter of time before she’d outgrow her hatred of transportation, and I was right. Something tells me this has everything to do with the Teethease necklace she plays with while we drive, but whatever it is, I’ll take it.