So, Emma, the most adorable 1/4 Korean baby girl to grace the internet is 4 months old today. Her appointment is next week, so I don’t know how much she weighs (enough) or how tall she is (tall) or what her percentiles are (hers), but I know she’s damn near perfect in my book. (She could work on that sleeping thing.)
The details of the month:
- She’s been on two airplane rides more than her brother ever has. Snaps to her for doing so well.
- She seems to like the Exersaucer and sort of likes the Bumbo seat. Both let her be UP instead of laying down and UP is her favorite way to be.
- She can bring things in her hands to her mouth, and if something gets into her hands, it will go toward her mouth. Hair, fingers, toys, the dog, whatever.
- She follows our food with her eyes and opens her mouth like she’s taking a bite. Little girl is all “Wait, wait! THAT IS FOR ME.” Except it’s not. Sorry, Emma.
- She was a rockstar sleeper in New York but has not been awesome at sleeping before and after the trip. In fact, we’ve had some of our worst nights to date since we got back home. I’m hoping the 4-month wakeful came early.
- She’s drooling. Which I think may mean she’s going to follow in Joshua’s footsteps and teethe early. My boobs cringe a little at the thought.
- She has a tiny little birthmark on her right leg, right above her knee. My birthmark is on my right leg. Above my knee.
- She’s found her voice and she knows how to use it. Even at 3:30 in the morning. Especially at 3:30 in the morning.
- I think I’m winning the battle with the car seat. Thank the sweet baby Jesus.