Welcome to State of the Weight Wednesday!
So, no new banner this week. I’ve decided I’ll make a new one when I hit my goals. Which means we’ll probably get a new banner next week because this week I’m down another 4 pounds!!
I didn’t think I would see a drop like that this week. Last week was really frustrating and I wasn’t able to work out like I wanted and because I was sad about that I ate ice cream with Nerds and shame sauce.
Emma. Oh, Emma. She’s a fun one. A fun one who has decided to hate the gym daycare and scream her face off 85% of the time sending my anxiety into overdrive just thinking about the fact that she’s crying. And then the other 15% of the time she poops, causing me to get called to come and change her diaper. And since I know my child, I know I can’t just change her diaper and return to the gym floor. If she poops, it’s curtains for my workout.
(Seriously. None of the “just let her cry.” If I were okay with letting her cry, I would’ve sleep trained already. Please.)
I did manage to go four times when my goal for the week is 5, so that’s good. I’ve made it to yoga three weeks in a row and can do 45 minutes to an hour of cardio without my heart rate skyrocketing into the stratosphere like I might die, so that’s an improvement.
I also managed to rip through three more episodes of Lost so that’s good, too. Poor Jack is trapped in a cave right now and Boone just left his idiot sister in charge of the bottle rocket.
I know that these big drops won’t last forever. That would just be too easy. But, I’ll take them where I can get them, you know? Particularly in the beginning. I don’t feel different size-wise, but I do seem to have a little more energy, especially if I manage to get a good night of sleep (which doesn’t happen often).
My goal last week was to eat breakfast every day. I succeeded! Some mornings it was oatmeal, one morning it was a biscuit. They weren’t always “healthy” breakfasts, but at least I didn’t just have coffee.
I know and believe that breakfast is important. It’s the foundation for your day. I’m going to continue to explore my breakfast options to include healthy and filling options so I’m not hungry by 10 a.m., which is what I found happening quite a bit this week. I think being home and having access to food just made this worse instead of better which is a factor in this week’s goal, which I’ll get to in a minute.
Water, my secondary goal for the week, was also made difficult thanks to my darling 1 year old. If I have it, Emma wants it. Which includes but is not limited to: my boobs, my food, my phone, my mascara, my earrings, and my water bottles.
She absolutely flips her gourd if she sees me drinking from my water bottle, and since I don’t exactly love drool-flavored water, it’s hard to drink it when she’s awake unless I want to use regular ol’ open cups, which are still a hazard when a mama-climbing child is involved. I’m still managing to get in around 60 oz. a day, though. I think. Most of the time.
What I know I can work on is snacks. If I don’t buy things that aren’t healthy snacks, I won’t eat them. So, healthy snacks like nuts, cheeses, and dried fruits are on the next grocery list.
That also means paying attention to what I’m doing when I’m feeding Joshua and Emma. I can’t sneak a pretzel or bite of peanut butter sandwich. I’m not always mindful of that sort of thing so calories add up when I’m not watching.
(Food journaling is coming. Just not yet.)
So, that was my week. Another 4 lbs gone. Buh-bye.
Weight goal: 10 total pounds, (1 pound to go!)
Weekly goal(s): Eat healthy snacks, healthy breakfast, keep drinking water.
What are your goals for the week?
Have you jumped on the State of the Weight Wagon? Let me know so I can come by and lend you my support!