It’s Monday. Both of my kids are sick, one with a case of the voms. I have however long they will watch Despicable Me to write this. Ergo, a brain dump in the form of bullets.
- I’m without my laptop because the power supply I bought in July when the original one died burned up. Like, actually burned. On my lap. I was sitting down while Emma napped on Friday doing nothing of importance when I smelled burning plastic. I got up, looked outside, went outside to see if my house was on fire, and then came back inside. I later discovered the power supply had melted. WHILE IT WAS ON MY LAP. Fun yay!
- I made a goal this year to read more books. Right now I’m reading Orange Is The New Black and And The Mountains Echoed. It’s the first time since college I’ve attempted to read two books at once and I’m hoping the fact that one is a memoir and one is fiction will help.
- I’m thinking I want to review the books I read here to challenge myself a big, but I’m woefully behind on the bestsellers so I feel like my thoughts on the books I read would be untimely and irrelevant. I’ll probably do it anyway.
- If you haven’t watched Orange Is The New Black on Netflix, you should consider it. Beware the profanity and sex if that’s not your bag, baby.
- I finished LOST and I have lots of thoughts about the end that I can’t quite articulate. I don’t think they all died at the same time. I think? I’m not sure. Maybe they did. The final season was…not good. I loved the flash sideways where the plane never crashed and I’m telling myself that was real-ish. Seeing how their lives ended up intersecting anyway gave new meaning to the idea that we’re all connected on this earth and crossing paths with those in our destiny is unavoidable. An entire episode dedicated to Richard and an entire episode dedicated to Jacob and the man in black were wastes of time. Ian Somerhalder’s Boone in the final season wasn’t the same as his Boone in the beginning. There were the ever-so-slight hints of Damon Salvatore there. I likey!
- School has been AMAZING for Joshua.
- I have the urge to paint the inside of our house. I think Dan cries a little on the inside every time I get a wild hair like this, but it’s time. It’s past time. We live here. We’re going to be here. It’s time this place felt…done.
- Decorating the house means lots of DIY. I love a good DIY. Visions of all the things I will repurpose dance in my head! They almost never look as good outside of my brain as they do inside it. Oh well. ONWARD.
- The Type A Conference is at the end of this month. Suzanne is my roommate. I’m excited. Edited to add: Since they made the announcement right after I posted this today, I can go ahead and tell y’all that I’m a finalist in the conference’s We Still Blog Awards. I’ll be reading one of my posts in front of attendees at the closing keynote. On stage. Live. Me. Send wine.
Annnnnnd I just got summoned to recite lines from Despicable Me and also change a diaper so my time for dumping my brain is done.
What’s on your mind lately?