Emma is three months old today!
- She’s a rock-star sleeper most of the time. She’s down for the night between 8:00 and 9:30 and sleeps until about 1:30. Then she’s up every two-ish hours to eat, but since we’re co-sleeping, this is no big deal. She goes back to sleep for a second long stretch around 5:00 and sleeps until about 8:00. She naps several times throughout the day and usually falls asleep easily. (The Universe is going to bite me in the ass for writing that.)
- She started rolling from back to belly last week. She’s had belly to back for a while now, but it was more of a “my head is huge and weighs too much and oh look it just rolled my whole body over” sort of thing. Now she’s rolling both ways with a purpose, but not continuously yet. Thank God.
- She REALLY wants to sit up. When I prop her on a pillow on the bed and sit and talk to her, she tries so hard to lift her little body into a seated position. I think this is coming soon.
- We’re exclusively cloth-diapering her now and I love it.
- She smiles with her whole face. It’s impossible for her to keep her eyes all the way open when she smiles and most of the time she shows off every square inch of gums in her mouth. This is adorable and is assuredly Nature’s survival mechanism.
- She’s still a spit-up fountain.
- She’s getting better-ish in the car. Better is good.
And now for some pictures of my THREE MONTH OLD.