It’s been two months since Emma’s arrival, y’all. TWO WHOLE MONTHS.
Anyway, it’s nearly NOT her two-month-day anymore so I’m going to make this one brief. (Sorry, second child.)
- Emma’s smiling! It’s adorable and her little toothless, gummy grin melts me into a puddle of Mom-goo.
- She’s had her first stay at daycare and she did great! Everyone who worked there when Joshua was an infant remarked how she’s way less…Joshua…than Joshua. She’s just really easy going until she’s hungry or bored or tired.
- She still loves the boob. Loves.
- And because she loves the boobs, she probably weighs close to 12 pounds, but we won’t know for sure until Wednesday.
- She has to get shots on Wednesday. Which means I may need to take shots because I’ll have Joshua with me at the pediatrician’s office. (Any tips, SAHM-friends? Because, yeah. High-energy toddler + 2 month well baby visit. I need to pay attention and then deal with the tears from the needles without having him throw a tantrum.)
- She also loves to snuggle for naps and sleeping so I just snuggle with her and catch some sleep myself if I can.
- We think she may be close to rolling from belly to back (the easy roll) but it’s really more like she gets her feet underneath herself and flips her body over. Or lets her giant head lead the way.
- I think she’s maybe settling into a bit of a routine, which is nice.
- She still hates the car seat.