Skip to Content

Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a beautiful day

I’ve got a glorious feelin’, everything’s going my way….

Ok, maybe not EVERYthing, but last night was awesome. It’s the first awesome night we’ve had in a while.

Joshua was in bed by the time I got home from a little solo shopping excursion at the mall last night. He woke up shortly after I got home because he needed to burp, but he went right back to sleep by 9:45. I packed most of my stuff (more on that in a minute) and then Dan and I went to bed.

We didn’t hear a peep out of Joshua until 1:45.

Since he’s been sleeping so well in his crib lately, I decided to go do his middle-of-the-night feeding in the nursery. He ate like a champ and fell back to sleep and I put him back in the crib and then tiptoed back to my bed, where I laid awake for what felt like FOREVER unable to shut my brain or my ears off. I kept thinking of the million things I need to do and I kept listening for him to not be totally asleep.

Finally, I fell back to sleep.

I did not wake up again until 5:15.

You read that right.

Joshua did not wake up again until 5:15 this morning.

He did not make a single peep that was loud enough to be picked up on the monitor.


Dan and I decided yesterday that our new plan of attack for nighttime would be that I’d get up with Joshua first, since it would be likely that he’d want to eat. Then, Dan would get up with him the next time since Joshua probably wasn’t hungry but just needed to be soothed back to sleep. While we didn’t have time to put our plan totally into action (but I feel certain we will eventually), I GOT ALMOST EIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP LAST NIGHT!


This extra sleep is a good thing because in about six hours, I’m embarking on a weekend trip to celebrate my friend L’s last days as a single woman (thus the need for packing). She and M are getting married at the beginning of August and her bachelorette party is this weekend. Am I excited about spending eight hours in a car for what basically amounts to one full day at the beach since I’ll have to get back in the car on Sunday and drive another eight hours to come back home? Not really. But, I am excited about the prospect of sleeping for six (or maybe more?) hours consecutively. I’m also excited that M & L are finally getting married. Plus, I got a really cute outfit to wear on my excursion to the mall yesterday.

My going out of town means that Dan is on baby duty for the weekend. Pray that when I return, my husband isn’t bald and my child is in matching clothes.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

The Professional Family Manager

Thursday 16th of July 2009

Congrats on the sleep! I know how wonderful it is to get it feels better than winning the lottery. (Okay, so I've never won the lottery, but I had weeks where I would have chosen sleep over a million dollars easily.)

Stopping by from SITS.

The Redhead Riter

Monday 13th of July 2009


Stopping by to say HI from SITS today!

The Blonde Duck

Monday 13th of July 2009

We have the same name! Popped in from SITS to say hi!


Friday 10th of July 2009

Yay! I'm getting sleep, too! It's like the guys got together and realized their poor mommies just couldn't take it any more.

Be careful and have fun!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.